Celeste and Jesse Forever Review | FILM

08:30

This week's netflix pick of the week is a movie I've wanted to watch for a while, but missed it in cinemas and only just really got round to watching it. Celeste and Jesse Forever is a movie starring Rashida Jones and Andy Samberg, who fall in love young, get married and then divorced, but still want to be friends and are working through that.

I hadn't seen the trailers for a few months, but from the casting I expected this to be a bit of a comedy. I love Andy Samberg in Lonely Island and from his time as a Saturday Night Live cast member. I find Rashida Jones very funny in other films and in the Office US, but have never seen much of Parks and Rec. Either way, two big US comedy stars.

In fact, the film is a lot sadder than I imagined. It has some funny moments, and the chemistry between the two actors is amazing and you can tell they are good friends. However the film is very realistic, and therefore the majority is just a little sad. 

Don't get me wrong, it's not a film to make you cry, but you just really feel for each character and especially Rashida Jones' character. I also really enjoyed the colouring in this film, I know that sounds odd but the use of blues and greens just really gave the film a bit extra on screen. I'd say give this film a watch, it's sweet and heartfelt.

★★★☆☆

Have you seen this film? What do you think?




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe