Golden Globes: Best Dressed

11:36

So the golden globes were last night and it kicked off the awards season. I love Tina Fey and Amy Poehler and thought they were fantastic hosts (again!). I'm a little surprised with some of the winners such as Grand Budapest beating Birdman but I enjoyed both films, however I think it's definitely set a good look at what we might be able to expect from the Oscars. The BAFTA's are always interesting and I'm excited for those, as they tend to take things a little differently for most awards. Anyway! Here are my top 10 best dressed:

Naomi Watts in Gucci
I love the colour of this dress as it's very eye popping and you immediately notice her, however my favourite thing about this outfit is the snake choker which I think is a fabulous touch.

Allison Williams in Armani Prive
I love the look of this dress as the ruffles add an extra touch of glam, however am not too fond of the make up with this dress.

Amy Adams in Versace
Amy usually knows what suits her and this is no exception. I adore the colour against her red hair and pale skin, and love the one shoulder as it adds to all the twists of the dress.

Kate Beckinsale in Elie Saab
A gorgeous glittery number, this dress looks very red carpet and looks really nice with the hair up. 

Reese Witherspoon in Calvin Klein
Usually dressed in Calvin Klein, this dress is gorgeous and shines like a glitter ball (in the right way!). Very chic hairstyle and I like how she didn't add a necklace.

Lupita Nyong'o in Giambattista Valli
Winner of about every best dressed last year, Lupita does it again with this gorgeous purple flowery dress. I love the colours and the ruffles in the top half.

Emma Stone in Lanvin
I love when people wear jump suits instead of dresses and this one is great. Emma gets the golden globes right as it is not the most serious awards ceremony so doesn't need an all out gown. Plus I love her make up.

Anna Kendrick in Monique Lhuillier
From playing Cinderella in Into The Woods to stunning on the red carpet, this dress is very princess like and I absolutely love it.

Jennifer Lopez in Zuhair Murad
I love this dress from top to bottom. The shape is gorgeous with the deep plunge, I love the shoulders and the cape like dress doesn't look like it's swallowed her up. Definitely a stunning dress and thats why it's second.

Jessica Chastain - Versace
I chose Jessica as my number one because this dress is very different to what we've seen her in before. Usually she wears something a little less daring and more "gown" like however this year she has stunned with a gorgeous deep plunge that shows off her gorgeous body. Look at that cleavage! I love the hair to the side and think she looks fantastic.

What do you think of these dresses? Take a look at last year's post here to see who I picked last year.















You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe