A palette fit for a queen..

09:00


The only birthday present I asked for was the Alice in Wonderland palette created with Urban Decay, and I'm so glad my boyfriend was able to get it as it's such a dreamy present and made my day when I opened it. Urban Decay teamed up with Disney to create this stunning palette based on the new movie Alice through the looking glass. I enjoyed the first movie of Alice in Wonderland however just really wanted the palette more than the film it was collaborating with!


As soon as you open the palette you see a beautifully written quote, surrounded by colourful roses. Opening this up, you see a gorgeous butterfly whose wings move depending on how far you open and close the packaging. I love this detail and I sat for about 5 minutes when first opening the present just playing with the butterfly.


By this point you'll probably need to remind yourself that there is a palette underneath, which can be opened by black fabric underneath. The palette looks like an illusion with a mixture of white and blacks, which I really like and it makes the shadows pop.


From a first glance, it seems to be quite a good selection of bright and neutral colours. For once, I've actually not used all of the neutrals first and I went straight for 'Slazen Grum' which is the gorgeous red shade on the 3rd row down. 

My other favourite shades are Dream On, which is very shimmery and would work perfect over the top of a dark colour rather than on its own, Royal Flush which is a perfect inner corner highlightt and Paradox which is a beautiful orange shade and will be in use this summer. 

The shades are all pigmented nicely and although some are more build able than others, over a primer they really do stand out and I've been staring at this trying to see all the combinations of colours I could get out of this.


The palette is £43 and you get 20 shades, which is pretty reasonable considering it's a limited edition palette. Unfortunately  it is sold out in most places online, however it's definitely worth getting your hands on if you can. You can see a make up look I did for my birthday using the palette here.

What are your thoughts on this palette?


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I love the packaging of this palette, it's so pretty. Great post!

    Ella xx
    www.ellaselement.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the most beautiful eyeshadow palette! Salazen Grum looks like such a wearable, pretty shade x
    Louise | helloteddy.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe