Captain America Civil War Movie Review | FILM

09:00



Over Bank Holiday weekend I went to see Captain America Civil War, the latest superhero movie to come from the Marvel Universe.

If you are unfamiliar with the background, Civil War is based on a government law that is proposed, after civilians are becoming worried about the casualties left behind by super heroes. This act would restrict super hero tasks, controlling them and being able to make rules on their actions. Heroes such as Iron Man and Black Widow stand by this act, while Captain America thinks saving the world is dangerous, and cannot be controlled. Thus creating the civil war between them.

After coming out of the cinema, I felt pretty meh about this film. It's decent enough, but it didn't win me over. It's a long film and it feels very long, there's action placed in and the action scenes are fantastic as always, however there is a lot of dialogue and scenes that just didn't need to be in there or could have been shortened down.

One part of the film that people were excited for was the welcoming of Spiderman to the Marvel universe, as Sony have now finished squeezing every last penny they could get out of him. The guy who played Spiderman was good, and I liked him for the new kid on the block type role, however he did get on my nerves. The characters joke in the movie about him talking a lot, and it's true because he does sort of drone on like an unfunny Deadpool. I think he was fine in the context of this movie, but I don't know if I'd be able to sit through his own film if he talked that much.

I'm honestly beginning to run out of things to say about Marvel films, they are the same formula, same actors, same scenarios so I don't want to feel like I'm pressing replay on previous reviews. I just feel like this movie was alright, but not worth the 3D ticket price. I'd probably use my meerkat movie pass to see it cheaper. Who knows, maybe it's the lack of Thor for me.


★★★☆☆

Have you seen Captain America: Civil War? What did you think?


You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Thanks for the honest review I think a lot of mega fans just see the films with rose tinted glasses and won't say if they think the films weren't that great. I'm still going to have to see it otherwise my boyfriend will moan haha

    Ella xx

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe