A look back at 2017

09:00

Happy New Year everyone! I hope you had a lovely new year and made the most of your new years day. January blues always get me a little bit, I don't know if its the constant cold,  the fact that pay day still is another 4 weeks away or the 'new year new me' vibes but January is definitely the worst month for me. 

That being said, I really want to make the most of 2018 and as you saw if you read my new years resolutions post on Monday, I'm going to be trying to make some good and simple changes to my life. 

I always like to take a look back throughout the last year, so carry on reading if you want to see what I got up to in 2017...

January

New year! We had the last house party in the main meeting house as people were moving on. I got a great level of drunk without being sick or ridiculously hungover the next day! Hooray!

My best friend Olivia also came back from her time in Australia. She did it as a surprise and it was so good to see her again!

Other than that it was a pretty quiet month. I also saw La La Land twice and it blew my mind each time.

February

















February marked 4 years with Danny, we didn't do anything major as we were saving for New York the month after but it was just lovely. We also spent Valentine's day at Pizza Express because dough balls are life😻

I also got lash extensions for the first time ever which was an experience! Decided to go all out for the holiday. It was amazing not having to wear mascara for 3 weeks!








March
    

March was literally the best month of my life haha. We went to Chicago and New York (omg really you never talk about it 😶) Chicago was the absolute bees knees, the architecture was just stunning, the pizza was out of this world and the whole vibe of the place was just stunning. You can see my photo diary post here.


I also got really ill and spent a day in a Chicago hospital - not top of the tourist list. It was definitely an experience though and £2000 later we were back on track!


New York was also amazing and it was so good to see it with Danny who had never been before. We saw the Lion King which was amazing and I got to see The Starry Night with my own eyeballs and I stared for a good 15 minutes just in absolute awe. My New York photo diary is here.


I also took my mum to Emmerdale which I booked for a Christmas present - it was so good to walk around the whole village even though it was freezing. I'd highly recommend if you or a family member is a fan of the soap! I wrote a post about it here.

April

After the whirlwind that March brought April was a pretty quiet one! We went out for birthdays which were wonderful and cocktail filled.


We also celebrated my mums hen do which was brilliant and people literally danced on the tables. Unfortunately it was so dark we didn't get any good pics! :(


We also got the most beautiful little hamster in the world, Regina 😍😍 We can't get a dog or cat as we are renting but they let us have a hamster, and she's honestly the cutest thing in the world. I can't get over how small she is in this pic!

May

May means only one thing - birthday month!! I also never stopped taking selfies of Reggie - look at her little pink noseeeee! 


I also got to feed the otters at Twycross Zoo for my birthday which was absolutely amazing. They are hungry little things and scream like mandrakes! They are so cute though and it was a dream come true to get to feed them and get so close to them. You can read all about my day here.


My mum also got married to Stuart which was such a lovely day, even if it was chucking it down with rain all day. I was her bridesmaid and it was lovely getting to dress up and then party with everyone.

June

This was pretty much the only day I took pictures in June! We went for the day at download and had the best weather for it, it was so hot! It was full of cider and music, I got to see Good Charlotte who were amazing and Danny saw his favourite band who he hasn't seen in years, System of a down. You can see a closer look at my make up here!

July
In July we went to see the Seals in Cromer, it was a little boat trip but they were all sat on the beach which was so cute to see. 


I feel like seals are very much one of my spirit animals, and it was great seeing them sunning themselves and jumping along to their families.




I also got to see Olivia in London again, and we spent the day at Pride which was amazing, I'll know if I go again next year to dress up! It was such a happy, sunny and cider filled day. I'd say anyone should go and experience it.

August


August meant getting a new car and saying goodbye to my old micra. It was sad as it was my Granddad's who passed away in 2016, however it was just costing too much to fix! 



We also celebrated Georgia's birthday by going Nottingham for the day and a night out, they have the 'beach' there which was lovely and I got to have probably the best chips I've eaten all year.



August was also the month for festivals as I went to V festival to see Pink who was AMAZING, even if it was raining literally all day. I also saw Madness who were brilliant. Then the weekend after we spent the day at Leeds and it was so hot and amazing, I absolutely loved it and Eminem was stunning and so on point.

September


September we had our second holiday which was to Majorca! We had never been on a holiday where we just chilled so it was great to relax by the pool and sip on sangria's 24/7 😏

I also won at a fancy dress birthday party by dressing as Greta Gremlin! I got such a good reaction from people and it was such a fantastic night, it was definitely worth being slightly green for a couple of days after!

October

October brought another wedding and this time it was my half sister! It was a beautiful day even though I had the worst cold! 

November

November was a quiet month except that I got to meet Tom Fletcher! It was such a wonderful experience and he was an absolute dream to meet, especially because it was in local tesco!

December


December was a super busy month. It was filled with birthdays, meeting friends and Christmas festivities. My boyfriend celebrated his 26th birthday, we ate so much food all month and we spend Christmas night playing games with friends. It was one of the best Christmas days I've ever had and I enjoyed it completely. 


I hope you had a good 2017, and lets all make the most of 2018!




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe