Changes I want to make for 2018

09:00

Photo by Rhianon Lassila on Unsplash

New year is a funny one isn't it? We make fun and laugh at the whole 'new year new me' saying however I think most of us still look at new year at the time to set goals and at least keeping them by the end of January is a goal in itself.

I'm not calling mine resolutions because I genuinely think that when they are called this I don't still to them, because I see them more as a fad. These are the changes I want to be making throughout 2018.

1. Film a second a dayThis is something I've been wanting to do for a few months, but who wants to start a year task on June 22nd! It will hopefully encourage me to take my camera more places, get out more so I have something to show and it will be super cool to look back in 2019 when I've completed it.

2. Get HealthyI literally say this every year 😶 however this year I definitely mean it (lol). I basically am a massive foodie and my life revolves around food. I try to bring it into every situation - we are going bowling, well lets go the pub opposite first for some dinner. We are going shopping? Well do you want to start at Costa so we can make a plan of where we will go.

I'm obviously not going to stop eating out, but I just need to make some healthy changes and swaps in my life. Get healthy is also very vague, but heres some things I want to change with it:
- Going veggie/vegan one day a week by swapping meat for something else or eating a purely veggie/vegan meal.
- Stop drinking diet coke literally all the time. (I don't really drink tea or coffee except one in the morning so I use that as my excuse but that needs to stop)
- Cut down on eating out. This relates more to my lunches as I rarely bring my own lunch except for when I cook pasta because I somehow turn into Jesus feeding the thousands. I'm getting a slow cooker for Christmas so this will definitely help as we can bulk prepare meals and freeze it and then take it into work the next day.
- Blog my journey as well. This will definitely encourage me both to be more healthy and be better at blogging. I'm hoping to just include recipes, progress or what I've done differently.

3. Become more ethical about my living situationI feel like this is everywhere at the minute since Blue Planet II literally broke all of our hearts. We are already pretty good at recycling but we definitely need to get better, I'm going to get my own water bottle which will again encourage me to stop drinking fizzy drinks and start taking tote bags with me. I'll again be blogging about this because it is important to me, I cried twice this month over the polar bear video and just thinking about it hurts me.

4. Be more consistent/better at bloggingAgain I guess this is a pretty vague one but thats because I don't really know where to go with my blog, so I definitely want to focus more on it this year and make some really good changes. I definitely need to get better at self promotion but I also need to take more photos because thats always my downfall, like oh I don't have a photo for this so I just won't post it. I really enjoy blogging as an outlet and love reading other blogs, so I'm going to just try really hard and make a good routine to balance it with work and life.

And thats it! I think they are pretty easy to attain seeing as they are quite vague, but I'm hoping as I'm including it with my blog and seeing differences that it will encourage me to keep going and hopefully achieve more in 2018.

What are your goals for 2018?

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I hope you have a wonderful 2018 and can complete all of your changes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kind of relate with number 2 and 4. Lol. Definitely on my 2018 goals, too! Haha. I'm hoping for a productive 2018 for the both of us!

    Bee x
    http://beecaluya.com/

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe