Golden Globes 2018 - My thoughts

09:00


2018's Golden Globes were one of my favourites in years. I think because it was the first big event since the huge scandals were brought to light, the fact that the speeches were incredible and really meant something and felt moving...or the fact that Tom Hanks was the first at the bar during the commercial break. What can I say, he's a hero.

Here are my thoughts on the winners of the evening.

Best motion picture - drama  - Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri
Honestly I'm a bit surprised at this. It does look good however I was betting on either The Shape of Water or Dunkirk for this one. It's a good sign though and hopefully will bring more of a UK release as at the moment I didn't think it was going to have a big one. 
Best Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy - Lady Bird
I think this is a really good call as again it does look really good, however I was rooting the The Disaster Artist and I'm gutted it didn't win. I think this category was one of the strongest in a few years.
Best Director Guillermo del Toro
I think this is a good call and he had such a genuine speech after Natalie Portman's snide comments regarding it being an all-male nominees. I totally get where Natalie is coming from, because really Ridley Scott shouldn't have been there and Greta Gerwig should. If your film isn't nominated for best picture I really don't see why you should be up for best director apart from it's the name Ridley Scott. 
Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy - James Franco
The best award of the night for me. James absolutely deserves this for his incredible performance as Tommy, and it was such a humble and funny speech. 
Best TV series - Drama - The Handmaid's Tale

I'm really glad The Handmaid's Tale one this as it was my favourite TV series of 2017. They were up against some really highly rated shows and I'm glad it's making a big name for itself.

Overall I think it was a pretty good night, it wasn't as much of a drunken mess which it can usually end up being (shame really) and I think winners were definitely deserved. It is a shame that Greta Gerwig, Jordan Peele and Call me by your name were snubbed as they deserved more.

What are your thoughts on the 2018 Golden Globes?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe